It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:13 pm 

Happened to spot the forum's announcement of GerriSferrazza's birthday today.

I believe this long time gardener is responsible in large part for generating and helping maintain our gigography:
http://pjharveyshows.thegardenforum.org/

This is an impressive document as well as being incredibly useful for all PJ Harvey live show collectors.

Thanks are definitely in order. Happy Birthday and Hip Hip Hoorah for GerriSferrazza! :cheer:

With the upcoming tour(s), we should be mindful of the need to try to keep the gigography up to date. There's a email link at the top of the gigography page to submit set lists (actual photos of the setlist are best, but oftentimes that's not possible). In the past many PJ gigs had different setlists from one night to the next. Lately that hasn't been the case so keeping the gigography up to date has become easier. :wink:

Gigography tip: If you click the Gigography Quick Reference link at the top of the page, it will show ALL gigs. This makes it easier to search for stuff using control-F.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:50 pm 

Happy Birthday GerriSferrazza! Better late than never.

Mark Steel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:16 pm 
Site Admin

Happy Birthday Gerri wherever you are!...

Gerri created the gigography, I don't remember when I stepped in and helped. I do remember that it was extraordinary even then. <3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:40 pm 

Hell and High Water wrote:
Gerri created the gigography, I don't remember when I stepped in and helped. I do remember that it was extraordinary even then. <3

Wow! Thank you to everyone here! I didn't know this thread existed; I haven't really been around here in years. A good portion of the 1991-93 section of the gigography list (although I compiled a great deal of it myself) came from someone who had to be affiliated with Polly. It was so long ago. I don't remember who it was. But I believe it might have been her old bassist, Steve Vaughan. I have this vague memory of emailing someone on eBay in 2004. They were selling an itinerary booklet (I think) from either 1992 or 1993. It wasn't complete. I emailed the seller and explained I was in the process of trying to compile all of Polly's concerts from 1991 to present day. I included the link to the gigography page (it was called "Burning Headlights" then, I think) and asked them if they could add anything to it. To my surprise, they emailed me back with a huge list of dates that weren't on the list and praised me for the website. I have this vague memory of the email coming from someone with the last name, Vaughan. Or the full name was Steve Vaughan.

Owen! Food! Don't you in-a-minute momma me! Get off your fat little ass or I'll break it for you! I want two soft-boiled eggs, white toast, and some of that grape jelly, God Damnit! And don't burn the toast! Move it, fat boy!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:58 am 

Stephen Vaughan.

"Initially, the name PJ Harvey referred not just to Harvey but to the trio she formed with bassist Stephen Vaughan (b. June 22, 1962, Wolverhampton) and drummer Robert Ellis (b. February 13, 1962, Bristol)."

https://www.britannica.com/biography/PJ-Harvey

I have this vague recollection that Steve actually posted here once, looking for something or offering something for sale. I can find no evidence of that now though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:12 pm 

DrDark wrote:
I have this vague recollection that Steve actually posted here once, looking for something or offering something for sale. I can find no evidence of that now though.

Wasn't there an interview a few years ago in which PJ and Rob Ellis said they had no idea what had happened to Steve Vaughan, and that nobody they knew had heard of him for years?