It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Board migration!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:18 pm 
Site Admin

After a couple of attempts, I am trying again to move The Garden to a modern server. This website has been here for some years now, I signed up in 2009. I am unable to upgrade forum software on this server because of ancient software. I just submitted the request, I have not heard back from the host yet, but I believe I have fulfilled all of their requests.

When this happens, the website will be missing for a while, hopefully less than an hour, but it may still take a while to propagate. If there are problems it could take longer. There is a Facebook page that doesn't get used much at https://www.facebook.com/The-Garden-PJ- ... 963095051/ , if this is taking a long time you could check in there.

I'll keep you updated as I have more information. Thanks!
H&HW

Post subject: Re: Board migration!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:22 pm 
Site Admin

We are now in the middle of migration! Things are working but the appearance is wonky, everything looks too large to me. I'll be in contact with the host, I'm not sure that they are done yet. If you have any posts to share that you don't want to lose, you might want to wait until everything is stable. I'll be doing backups, but I can't do them every minute. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:27 am 

The top levels of all the forums look okay, except for the root/top level (index.php) looks too big only when I'm logged in.

All the individual posts appear to be too big, independent of whether logged in or not.

When it's showing stuff too big, there's 4 lines of phpBB Debug info at the top of the page.

You've probably already noticed all this, but maybe there's a clue there.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 286: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 286: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:11 am 
Site Admin

Yes, thanks doc. I talked to the host yesterday, apparently the old server was SO old that they had to move the site to an intermediate server. Don't ask me why. So, I don't see any point in trying to fix this until the site is at its final destination, and as of today, I don't know when that will be. At least the database is working!

Thanks for your patience everyone.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:17 am 
Site Admin

We've been moved again and the error message is gone, and the text is back to normal. Welcome to your new home!

I still want to upgrade the board software in the next couple days, I'll keep you posted about that.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:27 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you very much for this H&HW!!!! (a little late, haha)

By the way, ¡Happy Birthday!

Have a lot of fun today.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:17 am 
Site Admin

Me and my Marshall wrote:
Thank you very much for this H&HW!!!! (a little late, haha)

By the way, ¡Happy Birthday!

Have a lot of fun today.

Hmmm, how did I miss this? :shocked:

Uh, thank you! I actually had a very nice day, no parties, just a few things I like to do.

Sorry I didn't respond earlier, there are some threads I haven't checked in a while.... Good to hear from you!